Sunday 29 March 2015

Gardening

Thought I would start with the bits that look okay.

Front border

More front garden pots
What's gardening got to do with beads, you may ask? Probably not much directly, except that one of my main bead and jewellery events of the year happens in my garden. That is the Isle of Wight Arts Open Studios.isleofwightarts.com

I have been part of Open Studios for the past six Summers and two Christmas'. The Summer event takes place on the last two weekends of July, with the West Wight, which I am part of, taking place this year from Friday 17th - Monday 20th July. I will write more about my open studio preparations as the event draws nearer.

At this time of year, although I haven't abandoned bead making, it does take second place to the garden, or rather it will do once I get started!

So far all I have done is to make a list of jobs to do, and a very long list it is too! I was going to make a start today, but the weather is just too horrid. It's at this stage I wish I had a nice little courtyard garden. At least this year I have remembered to take some before photos.

View from my summerhouse

A very tangled horseshoe shaped border

A sad greenhouse

desperate looking pots outside my summerhouse

This time a tangled pot combination

Bare vegetable troughs outside back door





No comments:

Post a Comment