Glass Bead Making Workshops for 2017
I am hoping to set up a workshop next to my garden studio to run tuition in glass bead making for beginners and for those with experience who need just the facilities. I would like to find out if it may be something people would be interested in etc.
If you think you or somebody you know may be interested in making glass beads and would like to know more, then please contact me. email@example.com, facebook.com/littlehousejewellery, www.littlehousejewellery.co.uk
Here is a rough idea of how the workshop classes would run. What do you think?
Glass Bead Making Workshops
- For a maximum of two people working at one time.
- Introduction/taster course including safety, getting to know the equipment, glass etc and instruction and practise of basic bead making.
Courses and sessions
- 3 hour first steps course including introduction as above. During this course you will learn how to make a basic bead and decorate it in a variety of ways with bobbles and spots.
At the end of your course your beads will be annealed in a kiln and will be cleaned and ready for collection or posted the next day.
- Further techniques course – 3 hours learning and practising three new techniques such as encasing and making and using stringer.
- Semi-independent bead making sessions – practising and making beads with some support. New techniques will NOT be taught during these sessions. These are specifically for those wanting to practise and perfect what they have learned. These are charged per hour, with a maximum of three hours per session. Annealing and finishing as above.
- Independent bead making sessions for those with experience and wishing to work on their own. Glass, facilities and annealing provided. Annealing and finishing not included. Maximum 4 hours.
All bead makers must complete an introduction course before they attend any further courses.
No meals but tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Charges – per person
- Introduction/ taster course - £10
- First steps course - £50
- Further techniques course - £60
- Semi-independent sessions - £15 per hour.
- Independent sessions – with glass provided per hour - £10, with own glass - £8 per hour.
Please note that these details are just a draft at this early stage and are likely to change.