Tuesday 14 July 2015

Open Studio Preparations and a Hysterectomy!

It's been a few weeks since I added to my blog. First I was due to have a hysterectomy on 25th June, which set me on a frantic race against time to get a lot of heavy jobs done in the garden. My surgery was then cancelled and re scheduled for 6th July. This was both good and bad. It gave me more time to get things up together for Open Studios isleofwightarts.com. On the other hand I was a little worried it would leave little time for recovery before the Open Studio weekend.

Well it is a week since I had my operation and I can honestly say it's a long time since I felt this good. The whole experience was nothing like I expected, it's a shame I  had wasted so much time worrying about it. I went into hospital and had my hysterectomy on Monday afternoon and came home later Tuesday afternoon, brilliant! The best bit is that I already feel better than I've felt for years. The hardest parts are not being able to drive and remembering not to lift or exert for at least six weeks, which are very small sacrifices.

Almost everything is ready for Open Studios which starts this Friday 17th and finishes on Monday 20th July. Jude Allman judeallman.com is coming to set up her ceramics on Thursday and Mark will be running around putting up bunting etc too [what would I do without him!]. He's already built a lovely new, non flooding path to the summer house.

So if you are in the area, please do stop by and see Jude and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment